Each day of #LongLiveMentoring, participants will have breakfast, lunch and dinner on their own while exploring the heart of OKC. Get your bearings - the venue for Long Live Mentoring 2014 is Frontline Church - located at 1104 North Robinson Avenue OKC 73103.
HUNGRY? Need coffee? We've got just the thing for you...
SO CLOSE, YOU'LL WALK:
· Across the Street - did you miss the Speakers Dinner? That's okay - eat at Packards for lunch! If burgers are more your thing, The Garage is next door. On the other side of Frontline's parking lot (located on Broadway) is Coffee Slingers - they do a mean latte.
· Midtown Plaza – Less than a half mile from the conference venue is a district that will make you feel like a local. There are many unique restaurants to choose from here. For breakfast make a trip to Brown’s Bakery for donuts. Or to get your juices flowing, visit one of our favorite coffee shops, Elemental Coffee. It might be hot and you might want ice cream - Kaisers American Bistro. You cannot beat the fried okra at Irma’s Burger Shack. Waffle Champion might be the most eco-friendly restaurant in OKC - it's definitely got amazing waffles, paleo and gluten free options, but seriously, eat the waffles.
· Automobile Alley – Just a short walk or drive will put you in OKC’s historic Automobile Alley District, lots of OKC heritage and revitalized buildings. Stop in at Coffee Slingers for a cup of joe and an amazing roasting experience. You can also sit down along Broadway for a pizza at Hideaway. NW 9th street is a Hipster Haven decorated with an artsy atmosphere, and also featuring local apparel stores and dining options. Try Iguana Mexican Grill and S&B Burgers, and swing by Sara Sara Cupcakes for dessert!
YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED A CAR, BUT STILL REALLY CLOSE:
· Bricktown – Cruise along Oklahoma City’s Riverwalk on a water taxi and eat at great locations like KD’s (Kevin Durant’s Restaurant), Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill, and Fuzzy’s Taco Shop. Bricktown is a wonderful area for people watching and watching an award winning OKC sunset.
· Plaza District - This is where The Mentoring Project’s Oklahoma City office is located, right above one of our favorite restaurants, The Mule. We also recommend Empire Slice House for some of the largest slices of pizza you will ever see. Make a pass by Pie Junkie for dessert, and get your coffee fill at District House, which is basically like a second office for us.
· Deep Deuce is small and tucked away in the heart of OKC. Don’t let that deter you though. You will love the private feel of the neighborhood, and you won’t have enough good things to say about The Wedge Pizzeria and Deep Deuce Grill.
OKC Folks - what did we leave out? Share your favorites in the comments below.