Thank you for your epic support of The Mentoring Project! I'm so proud of everything that happened in 2014. By the grace of God, we
- Recruited, trained and matched more mentors at partner sites in Oklahoma City, working with the OKC Police Department in their gang-prevention program.
- Created three new mentor training videos and rewrote our Mentor Field Guide, which is used to train mentors globally.
- Launched our new website, thementoringproject.org
- Launched our third annual Father's Day fundraising campaign, Don't Buy the Tie - which calls people to support mentors.
- Conducted our first national, faith-based mentoring conference called Long Live Mentoring. The conference was well received, attended by participants from twenty states and multiple countries - we are planning our second Long Live Mentoring conference for September 2015.
- Provided warm winter hoodies and numerous Mentor Moment adventures for mentees and mentors.
Thank you so much for your prayer, encouragement, volunteering and financial support. You are helping rewrite the fatherless story through mentoring.
We are excited to continue our work with the OKC Police Department. We hope to work with the officers to build a gang and violence prevention curriculum that can be used in communicates across North American.
Would you please consider an end of year gift that helps The Mentoring Project start this new gang prevention venture and continue our programs that support deserving kids and heroic mentors?
The best is yet to be!